To view the recording of this worship service, please click on the button below.
Send us an email and let us know you joined us!
Sharing Christ's Peace
Prelude to Worship
Gathering in the Light
Invitation to Worship
one: This space is holy.
all: This space is holy.
one: This space is special.
all: This space is special.
one: God is here.
all: God is here.
one: We are open to possibility.
all: We are open to possibility.
Opening Song (Sing with us!) - CH #469
"I Am the Light of the World"
Worship & Wonder - "Parable of the Vine"
Prayer of Illumination
Scripture - John 15:9-17 (Common English Bible)
Reflection Questions -
Reflection 1 – Family
1. What place feels most like home? What do you love about it?
2. What’s your favorite family tradition? Or, what’s a tradition you want to start and pass along to those you love?
3. If you could go back in time and teach your younger self one lesson, what would it be?
4. Share a memory related to food—a family recipe, a baking ritual, or a time of breaking bread with loved ones.
5. What is a hope you have for yourself in the coming year? For your family? For the church? For this city/town?
Reflection 2 – Faith
1. How did you get connected to this faith community? What is one of your favorite memories here?
2. We often talk about “mountain top” experiences in our faith—places where God feels close. Where is a place that you have felt close to God? What was holy about it?
3. Share a key moment in your faith journey. How did that moment shape what you believe today?
4. Who is someone who has been influential in your faith? What impact did they have?
5. What is something you have learned about your faith in the past year?
Reflection 3 – Feelings
1. What is one thing that the pandemic brought into your life that you would like to keep or hold onto?
2. Share a story of a time when you felt the most like yourself.
3. What brings you joy these days?
4. What weighs heavy on you, or causes you grief?
5. What is your first memory of grief? What have you learned from your grief?
Our Prayers -
Prayer Card 1
What makes you feel most connected when you are here?
Prayer Card 2
What is something you learned about yourself as you answered the questions? (exclude names)
Prayers of the People (Submit a Prayer Request)
and Our Lord's Prayer
Invitation to Stewardship - Click Here to Donate
Doxology (Sing along!) - CH #715; v 1
"Now Thank We All Our God"
Prayer of Dedication
Celebration of Communion - ALL are welcome!
Prayer of Response -
all: God of conversation,
This space is holy.
This space is special.
This space is unique,
because we are fed.
We are seen.
Help us remain open to possibility.
Communion Response (Sing along!) - CH #452
"Here I Am, Lord"
Invitation to Discipleship
Closing Hymn (Sing along!) - CH #557; vv 1-2
"Just a Closer Walk with Thee"
Blessing & Benediction
Sharing the Light
Acknowledgements and permissions:
Permission to use and stream the music in this worship service obtained from ONE LICENSE #A-730652 and CCLI #36152 and CSPL143030. All rights reserved.
Portions of our liturgy written by or adapted from resources by Sarah Are | A Sanctified Art, LLC