Worship on December 31
Despite frigid temperatures predicted, on Sunday, December 31 we WILL have 10:30am worship service. It is still Christmas, and so we will still celebrate new life in Christ, and new beginnings that come with this new life and this new year. If you choose not to come to OPCC on Sunday because it is predicted to be 2 degrees with -14 degree windchill at that time, you still have two options to worship on Sunday morning.
- We live-stream our Sunday morning worship services on our Facebook page. We start live-streaming AFTER the announcements and after the passing of the peace. So be ready around 10:40ish, but be patient.
- Tomorrow morning we will have a "Worship from Home" option on our website/blog. Its not quite the same as worshiping in the sanctuary, but it is still good to worship God no matter how we do it. We know it's not easy to get out and about when it gets so cold, so we hope this will help you to be in a worshipful space no matter where you are.
Sundays of Giving
As a reminder, Worship and Arts is sponsoring a Sunday of Giving this Sunday and the next. What better way to usher in the New Year but by celebrating all of God's bounty by giving to those in need? Please plan on bringing any of the following to worship services on this Sunday, or the next, Jan 7.
- Canned goods
- Dry boxed goods (cereal, rice, boxed dinners, etc.)
- New or slightly used kitchen items
- New hats
- New gloves
- New or slightly used coats
- New or slightly used towels, sheets, and blankets
All items will be donated to agencies that provide support to those in need, including our own food pantry.
Year End Giving
If you had planned on making a year-end gift, even in the form of your weekly offering, and want it to be reflected on your 2017 giving record, please make sure to bring it on Sunday morning. If you do not plan to be here in person on Sunday morning, you can mail it to the church, dated 2017, and we will make sure it gets put with our final deposit of the year. That final deposit will take place in the first couple days of 2018, but as long as it is dated for 2017, it will be reflected on the 2017 giving records. If you are concerned, or want to make sure that we've received it, you can contact Michelle at the office, to go over your final giving of 2017.
Many thanks for all the ways you are a part of our faith community - stay warm this weekend, both physically and in spirit!