Think about some of these first questions, then watch the video, and consider some of the questions that follow. Add your responses to the comments and join in our conversation!
We are Disciples of Christ, a movement for WHOLENESS in a fragmented world. As part of the one body of Christ, we welcome all to the Lord's Table as God has welcomed us.
- What examples of fragmentation in our world can you think of?
- In what areas of my life am I broken?
- To move toward healing I can…
- When I am whole my life will look like…
- The video begins with “What does Wholeness mean to you?” Take a moment and share with the others here on the blog how you understand “wholeness.”
- “Wholeness is … celebrating the dignity and diversity of difference – not tolerating, but embracing difference.” These are the hopeful words of Alvin Jackson, highlighting the beauty and challenge to wholeness. Where do you see moments of dignity and diversity within our congregation?
- What are the challenges to wholeness you see within our church?
- While we live to become whole people, a whole church, Michael Karunas reminds us that wholeness is a process. How is God calling you and your church into greater wholeness?
- Molly Goodrich shared many images and stories of wholeness. What’s your wholeness story?
- What would your life look like if you were living God’s ideal for you? Is that wholeness?
- “Movement for Wholeness” – Why do we need to move toward wholeness?
- In what ways are we fragmented?
- Is it possible to see people that are different form us as equal in God’s eyes?
- Why do you think we as humans focus on difference rather than similarities?
- How did Jesus focus on what we have in common?
- What pieces are missing from your “puzzle” that are needed to make you whole?